Sunday, September 13, 2009

Writing From The Darkness

After reading this passage I just could not get involved with it. I felt while reading it that the writer just kept writing about what writing does to you. It was like I was re reading the same thing over and over again. However some of the points in the passage did make me feel sorry for the writer. For example when she said " writing makes us feel fully alive" I only beleive that is true when we can write about what we want, and not have to write about something somebody assigns us. I had to reread the passage a couple times to fully get the understanding of it, but after I did that i started to realize a trend that the author had. She would say how writing for her would help her get away and aavoid doing bad things. I can sort of relate to this but then again I can't because i am not a big fan of writing. On a scale of 1-10 i would give this passage a 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment